Multiple Sclerosis (MS) causes dysfunctions of the neurons as a result of myelin destruction (a substance that surrounds the body’s nerve cells). Myelin is a fatty material that plays a vital role in the nervous system because it enables information transmission between neurons.
Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms are:
- Vision problems. Visual problems are one of the most common symptoms of MS.
- Tingling and numbness. MS affects nerves in the brain and spinal cord (the body’s message center).
- Pain and spasms.
- Fatigue and weakness.
- Balance problems and dizziness.
- Bladder and bowel dysfunction.
- Sexual dysfunction.
- Cognitive problems
- Emotional problems
The causes of Multiple Sclerosis are still unknown; however, it is considered an autoimmune disease where the body’s immune system attacks its own tissues.
The effects of this condition vary from one patient to another. Some patients may have mild signs and symptoms and may not require treatment while others will have challenges getting around and performing daily activities.
Multiple Sclerosis Treatment
There’s currently no cure for MS, but a number of treatments can help control the condition.
The treatment you need will depend on the specific symptoms and difficulties you have.
It may include:
- treating relapses with short courses of steroid medicine to speed up recovery
- specific treatments for individual MS symptoms
- treatment to reduce the number of relapses using medicines called disease-modifying therapies
Disease-modifying therapies may also help to slow or reduce the overall worsening of disability in people with a type of MS called relapsing remitting MS, and in those with a type called secondary progressive MS who have relapses.
Unfortunately, there’s currently no treatment that can slow the progress of a type of MS called primary progressive MS, or secondary progressive MS in the absence of relapses.
Many therapies aiming to treat progressive MS are currently being researched.
Multiple Sclerosis Treatment with Regenerative Stem Cell Therapy:
In multiple sclerosis, for some reason T cells (immune system cells) pass from the bloodstream and into the central nervous system. It is thought that dysfunctional microglia may be responsible for the initial onslaught. This rampant inflammation leads to the loss of neurons, axons and glial cells leaving the myelin sheath compromised. As the myelin sheath disappears in multiple areas, it leaves scars (sclerosis). The areas without the protective myelin sheath are called plaque or lesions. As the lesions worsen, more axons and nerve fibers are damaged or die resulting in communication problems between the brain and the rest of the body.
Standard Multiple Sclerosis treatment consist of medication which only helps manage the symptoms by suppressing, slowing down or altering the body’s immune system activity. These drugs don’t repair the damaged myelin but instead exposes one to fatal and life-threatening side effects.
Multiple sclerosis Regenerative stem cell therapy works more effectively on the disease.
Regenerative Stem Cell Treatment for MS is showing very positive outcomes for patients due to their ability to Reduce MS Disease Activity and Augment Repair.
Beneficial Actions of Stem Cells for MS:
- cross the endothelial brain barrier
- migrate to sites of injury (chemotaxis)
- communicate with and alter nearby cells (paracrine effect)
- encourage existing cells to self-repair (autocrine effect)
- Immune modulation
- transform into neurons and glial cells
- promote the formation of nerve cell axons (axogenesis)
- release neuroprotective factors
- encourage existing cells to adapt (neuroplasticity)
Results Achieved with MS Regenerative Stem Cell Treatment:
- Reduced or Removal of Lesions
- Improved Mobility
- Reduced Pain Levels
- Reduced numbness
- Improved Vision
- Bowl and Bladder Normalisation
- Improved Energy Levels
- Improved Emotions
What are the top Benefits of Non-surgical Regenerative Treatments?
With so many options out there, you may be wondering what benefits choosing Non-surgical Regenerative Treatments provides. Over all Regenerative treatments are minimally invasive, non-surgical same day procedures with no risk of rejection, minimal recovery time and minimal worry. You are fully awake and ready to go home within a few hours after injections in the affected area.
Here are the top benefits to be aware of: