What is Vasculitis?
Vasculitis is a common autoimmune condition causing inflammation of the blood vessels; including arteries, veins as well as capillaries. The inflamed blood vessel can be narrowed down obstructing the flow of blood to major organs of the body. In severe forms of Vasculitis, the blood vessel can even be weakened or stretched to the extent that it can cause aneurysm.
FACTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR VASCULITIS
With an extensive research so far, the exact cause of the disease has not been confirmed. However, it has possibly been known that some sort of genetic makeup can be considered as one of the many factors for its expressions. The disease is known to be an autoimmune disorder; the factors which are responsible for triggering the immune system are as follows
• Infections such as hepatitis B & C.
• Certain forms of leukaemia.
• Other diseases which can affect the normal immune functioning such as lupus, arthritis, scleroderma.
• Hypersensitive reactions with certain drugs.
The signs and symptoms of the disease are different according to the different types of Vasculitis, organs involved and the severity of the disease. On a generalised note, symptoms develop slowly and progressively. The systemic signs of the disease are:
• Loss of appetite
• Paining and aching of the body
• Night sweats
• Nerve problems
• Loss of pulse in the limb
Apart from the generalised symptoms mentioned above, some of the organ specific symptoms are as follows:
• Skin: – If the disease is affecting the skin, some changes of the skin can be noted such as; development of red or purple spots, bumps, hives, cluster of small dots, splotches, etc. There can also be unusual itching of the skin sometimes.
• Joints: – Immense joint pain can be observed in the joints, which may lead to the development of the arthritis.
• Lungs: -If the lungs are being affected, shortness of breath can be experienced along with excessive coughing and bleeding.
• GI Tract: – If the GI tract is being affected, a person may have severe mouth ulcers or stomach pain. In more serious condition the wall of the intestine can be weakened leading to its rupture and death.
• Brains: – When the brain is affected in Vasculitis, the person may experience confusion, mental dysfunction and stroke like symptoms such as muscular weakness or paralysis.
WHAT GOES WRONG IN THE VASCULITIS?
Vasculitis can be categorised into an autoimmune disease that can cause the inflammation of the blood vessels. The body’s immune system attacks the inner lining of the blood vessels by mistake. Due to injury to the blood vessels may lead to the inflammation; that may involve pain, redness, warmth and swelling leading to the loss of function.
If the vessel is inflamed, it can be narrowed or closed off. This will limit the flow of blood, causing it to bulge known as aneurysm.
HOW REGENERATIVE STEM CELL TREATMENT CAN HELP?
Non-surgical same day Regenerative Stem Cell Therapy is the next generation Regenerative Treatments to treat the cause of pain not just the symptoms. Regenerative Therapy is an alternative treatment option that continues to be proven successful, not only by scientist and researchers, but also by doctors who utilise this treatment for a variety of conditions. Patients typically experience little to no down time from our regenerative pain treatment procedures, like Stromal Vascular Fraction therapy or Platelet Rich Plasma – PRP therapy.
Regenerative Therapy utilise biologic material harvested directly from the patient’s body to help heal disease and injury. The treatment has become a game changer for accelerating healing, regenerating tissue and combatting pain. It has reduced the need for prescription medications and surgery, proving to be a helpful tool towards managing and potentially eliminating pain in the body. Regenerative Therapy has helped untold amounts of people overcome insufferable chronic pain, restoring their function and mobility, and improving their quality of life. Regenerative Therapy by means of several protocols will ultimately help initiate the self-healing cycle in the injured part of the body, the end result then is pain relief.